Sunday, October 12, 2014

Blog begins


The blog title birthdaybenz was decided based upon the fact that the vehicle manufacture date of this car coincides with my birth date. I'd been looking for a 240D for a few years when I purchased this one from a kid in Saratoga Springs, NY. The story was that he had it shipped up from North Carolina, only driven it over the summer, and had nowhere to store it while he returned to college. The lack of rust anywhere on the car backed up his statement about North Carolina and cleaning the car later I would find a Durham library receipt. Though mother nature had been easy on old Ben in its 31 years some of the owners had not. There are many mechanical issues resulting from lack of maintenance. This car is far from being what it was rolling off the assembly line in Germany. I hope to use this blog to document the process I go through as I remedy those issues. 

The above photo was taken at sunrise in the mountains North of Asheville, NC.

No comments:

Post a Comment